Live ball question.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2019
The following happened last night:
12u game, if it matters.
Fly ball to right field, past the outfilder, throw comes into second base decisively late, batter runs to third, rounds third and gives a big look home, slows a a bit never stops as the ball is thrown from second to the pitcher. Pitcher near the rubber drops the ball and it rolls into foul territory in play, runner comes home easily. Blue puts her back at third because time had “expired”
My take is that its a live ball if the pitcher never had control of the ball inside the circle. Am I mistaken? Is there anything else that would have ended the play?

Mar 1, 2013
Barring some bizarre local rule that “stops all play when the ball reaches the circle” and if the umpire had not granted time, the ball should have been live based on your description.

That said - none of us were there to see it and none of us know what (if any) rule modifications you may have been playing under so all we can go by is your description. There could be a logical or rule-based reason for his actions but we don’t know that.

May 29, 2015
Sounds to me as if it has to do with the number of penguins illegally on the field at one time at a Tuesday game (more are allowed on Thursdays) … those balanced with the waxing cycle of the moon and the alignment of Venus …

What time expired?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06