How to Try On/Try Out Force3 Catchers Gear?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 30, 2020
Does anyone know if there is a way to try on Force3 catchers gear? We are looking at the helmet because DD just got a second concussion (first softball related) but I'm not aware of any place where she can try it on for fit and comfort. Dick's appears to be online only, for example. They appear to be all online?

Cheers

Edit: And....I finally read all the way through their site and saw an Authorized Retailers link. I've been on that site several times and just now noticed it. Still a bit of a haul to get to the retailer outside of Atlanta but at least we have an option. Looks like most of the USA does not.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018
Does anyone know if there is a way to try on Force3 catchers gear? We are looking at the helmet because DD just got a second concussion (first softball related) but I'm not aware of any place where she can try it on for fit and comfort. Dick's appears to be online only, for example. They appear to be all online?

Cheers

Edit: And....I finally read all the way through their site and saw an Authorized Retailers link. I've been on that site several times and just now noticed it. Still a bit of a haul to get to the retailer outside of Atlanta but at least we have an option. Looks like most of the USA does not.
That's the route we took last summer. Ordered it from Dicks and ended up returning it. The quality was there and you could clearly see the engineering that went into the design, but it was a tank. My 13 DD could not get used to how heavy it is. Settled on the All Star instead and very happy with it so far. She has taken about 5 or 6 solid shots off the helmet this season alone and so far so good. Good luck in the search.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We bought directly from Force3...and then returned it directly to Force3. The weight and appearance made it a no-go for my DD. My DD is currently wearing an Easton Pro-X.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

Cheers

What helmet is your DD currently using?

Jun 30, 2020
It’s a Wilson. I don’t remember the model number and it rubbed off the inside of the helmet. It is about three years old and was on the high-end of Wilson’s offerings at the time.

She took a hard knee to the side of the head from a big girl while in a defenseless position trying to field a ball coming from the outfield. I’m not sure any helmet would have protected from a concussion in that situation but we want to do what we can to protect from any more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06