Facemask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
DD had an Evoshield that her HS coach gave her and the velcro that attaches the chin piece came off. She threw the mask away and since I didn't buy it I'm not sure what she is talking about. It had a different material as the chin piece (the cloth makes her break out) but not sure what. I can't find the Evoshield mask online. Any thoughts?

Aug 18, 2018
My DD uses the schutt facemask. One day the chin cup fell off. I emailed the company and they sent me a new cup. I'd try emailing them and see what happens. Worst is they say no.
Unfortunately I think schutt has not discontinued making softball fielder masks. Need to make hers last now.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I believe Evoshield stopped making their field masks, as did Schutt. My daughter uses Rip-It, and she's never complained about it for the last five years. Also, Montana Fouts endorses Boombah masks, so maybe give them a try.

Aug 15, 2021
Most masks that I have seen have an adhesive tape on the chin that has velcro hooks on one side. The chin up itself attaches to that velcro tape on the mask. The cup can be pulled off and repositioned. If you can find another velcro tape, you can probably buy a cup for any other mask like Rip-it and it would probably work.

Jan 28, 2017
Most masks that I have seen have an adhesive tape on the chin that has velcro hooks on one side. The chin up itself attaches to that velcro tape on the mask. The cup can be pulled off and repositioned. If you can find another velcro tape, you can probably buy a cup for any other mask like Rip-it and it would probably work.
She threw the mask away. I’m sure I could have salvaged it but don’t have the mask anymore. The problem is finding a chin piece that doesn’t make her break out.

Aug 15, 2021
She threw the mask away. I’m sure I could have salvaged it but don’t have the mask anymore. The problem is finding a chin piece that doesn’t make her break out.
Got it. I thought she just threw the chin piece out. I think most of them have similar chin pieces.

Jan 28, 2017
This one according to her was plastic instead of cloth. Her HS coach gave it to her. Evoshield but can’t find one for sale now and didn’t even realize she wasn’t using the one I bought her and not sure if it was plastic.

Oct 4, 2018

My DD was breaking out from her facemask.

Bought her a new one, it fixed the issue.

I think despite me washing and cleaning, it was just time to start over. We use Rip It

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414