1st tournament w/Daughter playing up a division (shameful brag post)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2008
Some of you might remember giving me advice about my 14 yoa daughter playing up in 16U because she wanted to stay with her team, and the coached wanted her to stay as well. Also, as an 8th grader, we feel it will prepare her better for high school ball in the fall.

Well, this weekend was her 1st tournament. She pitched in 3 out of 6 games. Won 2 with a 1-0 and 3-0 shutout, and lost the last one today 0-1. The team we lost to today beat us first game yesterday 11-0 against our other pitcher, who is a year and a half older. I looked that team up last night, and that team was 2nd year 16U, and all but one of the girls have been playing together since 12U, and the newest girl joined in 14U. Although, our other pitcher did well in the other games.

I am very proud of my daughter. I know they won't all be like this, but this was a huge confidence builder for her, and took away some of the resevations my wife had about her playing up.

*Sorry for the shameless bragging. :(

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Congratulations to your DD, that is a good acomplishment!

Never apologize for bragging on your daughter, you SHOULD be proud of her!!!

Nov 29, 2009
*Sorry for the shameless bragging.

You're allowed, so long it's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. :)

Glad to hear she had a good start. Sometimes that's enough to get a kid through an entire season knowing she can play with the competition. The other positive thing that comes from a weekend like this is her team will have confidence in her as a pitcher, even if she is a younger player on the team. You biggest challenge will be the parents of the older pitchers who sit the bench when your daughter is getting the innings. It can get ugly. Hopefully it won't in your case.

Giving up 1 run in 3 games is good for any pitcher no matter what the age.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma