We've had a few inquiries about subscribing to a thread, either one you've started or one you've posted a response in. The idea, I believe, is to receive an email notification when a new post goes in. As someone who gets frequent notification emails from the Forum, Facebook, Twitter and other sites I will tell you to be careful what you wish for, but yes you can subscribe. Here are the step-by-step directions.
To manage your subscriptions:
- When you start or open a thread, you will see Thread Tools at the top of the thread.
- Click on the arrow and a dropdown menu appears.
- Click on "subscribe to this thread."
- Two dropdown boxes will appear. Click on the first one "Notification Type" and choose which option you want -- Through my control panel only, instant notifications by email, Daily updates by email, weekly updates by email
- By default all notifications will appear in your Subscriptions folder under Settings. If you want to separate them by creating new folders for different types (such as hitting, pitching, discussions, etc.) follow the directions below.
Let me know if you have any questions or problems using this function.
- Click on Settings at the very top of the Forum, next to the Log Out link.
- Any threads you've subscribed to should appear there.
- In the left hand column, click on the Subscriptions folder. You can now edit folders, add folders, move threads into different folders and more.