- Older Activity
- 01-22-2018, 06:57 PMcv hit it on the head. The young ones have a hard time separating coaching from parenting. You have to be sure she knows that you know and...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-21-2018, 03:33 PMTake the time to get into the Tincher instructor. Your DD will be better off in the long run. You can do bi-weekly lessons. Be sure to listen,...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-19-2018, 08:47 PMGet the Privacy Badger addon from the Electronic Freedom Foundation for Firefox. It's free and works great. Also get HTTPS Everywhere from them as...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2018, 10:58 PMSparky Guy replied to a thread Athletic high performance is crap...no, really...it is all about crap. in Softball DiscussionsI think maybe you mean Internal GROWtaion. :rolleyes:3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2018, 11:46 AMI guess I could have worded it better. :p8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-16-2018, 11:44 AMAs with any rule, there will be ways around it. There are coaches who can not/refuse to police themselves. Who knows if the NCAA will punish any...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-13-2018, 10:00 PMOne of the things that I see a lot of times with pitchers who struggle with control and timing is they will lean their head over towards their front....0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-13-2018, 09:42 PMHere is the link to the NFCA site petition to help eliminate the early recruiting nonsense that is happening. ...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 01:18 PMI tell them to stop Monkey Butt'n It. Another que I use with the young ones is to tell them they have to keep their brain above their butt. ...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 12:53 PMDownload and install Firefox for IOS and get the Privacy Badger addon from the Electronic Freedom Foundation. It blocks all of the nonsense. As I...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-08-2018, 01:11 AMI've seen her pitch up close multiple times last year. She has command of her pitches. So long as she keeps the fire inside and the working she...49 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-07-2018, 06:30 PMThings will get worse and your frustration level will rise. You are not with enough like-minded families for things to work out. If you find your...59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-07-2018, 06:22 PMThe Bandits are not for every family. And Bill will tell you that right up front. The biggest thing is he will make changes to the roster to...59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-06-2018, 01:24 AMEver wonder why so many kids head to soccer? Because they are out there doing something during a match. They are out there running around, even if...59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-05-2018, 11:25 AMWhat you fail to realize is the pounding a pitchers knees take. EVERY pitch is like the start of a sprint race with a sudden stop. Repeating that...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 10:20 PMYou are WAAAYYYY over thinking it at 11U. I used to use a color and number system. Example: Blue 0 - 99 FB inside. White 200 - 299 would be the...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 10:08 PMI'm of the mindset that I've never seen a catcher use a bucket in a game. So I never used a bucket. I picked up some very stout foam mats that used...50 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 09:45 PMThe parents should have asked for the demands in writing. That would make the Dumb and Dumber think hard about their conditions for the girl to...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-29-2017, 09:39 PMThe girl plays for the Beverly Bandits. She is a good pitcher. Her mom is a Tincher instructor out of Indiana. Got to see her throw a few times...49 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-28-2017, 10:21 PMThe other way is basically the "Lynch Mob" approach by the parents. I've seen it happen. When my DD's were heading into their FR & So seasons...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-28-2017, 09:43 PMSparky Guy started a thread Gary Hanning's Opinion On The Number Of Pitches To Master. in Softball Pitchinghttps://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6065592-dear-pitchers-why-so-many-pitches-love-gary1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-26-2017, 08:55 PMThis post should be mandatory reading for every parent and serious player.59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-26-2017, 08:48 PMAs well as the drama. 12U is THE most drama filled age in softball.59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-26-2017, 08:33 PMTake your que from the the girls who've left. They are looking for like-minded players to compete with and against. The friends thing can be one of...59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-26-2017, 08:27 PMThat clears up a lot of things. I don't mean to sound derogatory, but you are a rec team. With a rec team comes the rec ball mentality and level of...59 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
About Sparky Guy
WOC: "Only the names change."
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 04-25-2012 02:34 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,312 Times in 713 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 01:38 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 09:12 PM - Eric F quoted Sparky Guy in post Discussing practice plan with HCAs well as the drama. 12U is T...
- 08:55 PM - Sparky Guy quoted Bob516 in post Discussing practice plan with HCHope so. My DD1 played...
- 08:48 PM - Sparky Guy quoted Eric F in post Discussing practice plan with HCJust wait until 12U! The s...
- 08:33 PM - Sparky Guy quoted MikeP in post Discussing practice plan with HCThanks. We have some reall...
- 08:27 PM - Sparky Guy quoted MikeP in post Discussing practice plan with HCWe might be what you are r...