- Older Activity
- Today, 03:09 AMAnd if you're not.... Trip 'em!!!12 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:05 PMDouble Bonus Question. How fast do you need to be to not be eaten by a hungry lion chasing you?12 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 05:52 PMMost of the HC's in college were never pitchers. So when they see 62+ their eyes get big and think this kid is has to be good. We can teach her. ...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:02 PMEverything Gunner says is true. There is another factor that comes into play. Coaches philosophy. Some at the higher levels do not want to take...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 09:05 PMMore for the batting order than the defense.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 09:03 PMSparky Guy replied to a thread Mickey Dean (James Madison) accepts the head coach position at Auburn. in College Softball News and DiscussionsGlasco had a lot of success with the Southern Force when he was there. He was able to draw some good talent to the program. He should be able to...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 08:55 PMYour questions are really vague. What state are you in? Are there restrictions on how many players from the same HS can be on the same travel team?13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 08:50 PMYou do know that will not have any effect on pitching innings. That is ONLY for a favorite number. :rolleyes:26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 08:43 PMThe longest minute in the world. The final 60 seconds of a basketball game.23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-24-2017, 08:31 PMNot me... I don't have or want a FB account.22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-23-2017, 09:43 PMLesson learned. NEVER argue with someone who thinks they are more important than they are. The best thing to do is say sure No Problem. Go find the...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-23-2017, 10:40 AMThat was a nice play. It's also a teaching moment for hitters. The batter backed out of the box allowing her a clear lane to throw down to 3rd....4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2017, 09:08 PMMine was a motivated Type 2 till she hit 13. After that she was nothing but a Type 1. She wanted the ball in big games. She wanted to K every...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-20-2017, 06:40 PMUsed to update the wife when she couldn't get to the games. When DD was pitching I would send her something like 2 K's 0 BB 0 H 0 R after each...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-16-2017, 06:28 PMSparky Guy replied to a thread Mickey Dean (James Madison) accepts the head coach position at Auburn. in College Softball News and DiscussionsMickey Dean should have a steady stream of Beverly Bandits heading that way with relationship Coach Dean has with Bill Conroy. Many of them went to...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-16-2017, 12:38 PMYou left off some really important information. What age level? What talent level? Is the organization one of the top groups in your area? I'm...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-11-2017, 09:14 AMSparky Guy replied to a thread Not pitching related but imagine the nerve of someone.... in Softball PitchingDid he want interest too? Geesh...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-10-2017, 05:10 PMMy only thought is the coach read something an "Expert" posted on the internet. I've never iced a player or pitcher unless they were injured or...37 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-02-2017, 07:30 PMIf it's pool play then I would be batting her 6th or so, to see what she has. If it's bracket play then I most likely have her at the bottom of the...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-01-2017, 02:11 AMHere's an observation. How many hitting instructors do you see using a pitching machine? I can't remember the last time, if ever, when I saw one. ...39 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2017, 01:53 PMYour first mistake is right there. Get her to a pitching coach who is teaching Internal Rotation. Read the sticky notes here in the pitching forum....16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2017, 01:42 PMYour coaches are doing it wrong. You hold the ball in the chute with the left hand and use the right arm to simulate the pitching motion. When the...39 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-31-2017, 09:40 AMSparky Guy replied to a thread A different kind of "proud of her" moment... in Shameless Parent Brag Post ForumIt sounds like your DD is a smart girl. She understands the biggest detriment to a player's development in any sport can be friends. She wants to...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-28-2017, 05:56 PMI don't mean to sound condescending, but if your lack of knowledge of game shows your DD's will pick that up right away. They will run over you like...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-27-2017, 08:55 PMYou need to change your mindset. You need to approach working with them as a coach, not dad. Set the expectations. Make sure they understand them....30 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
About Sparky Guy
WOC: "Only the names change."
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 04-25-2012 01:34 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,182 Times in 652 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 09:58 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 05:52 PM - Sparky Guy quoted spleen1015 in post A/elite level pitcherI would trust what riseball say...
- 01:02 PM - Sparky Guy quoted GunnerShotgun in post Pitcher is only a pitcherThis really is dependent on the in...
- 12:40 PM - Ajaywill quoted Sparky Guy in post Unannounced substitutionMore for the batting order than...
- 09:03 PM - Sparky Guy quoted Rambler34 in post Mickey Dean (James Madison) accepts the head coach position at Auburn.As an Auburn fan I really like...
- 08:50 PM - Sparky Guy quoted smddad in post How to tell who is #1 and who is #2Erect a pole barn for the t...
- 08:31 PM - Sparky Guy quoted Westwind in post Videoing Games? I got booted.Sorry I assumed some things- ...
- 10:30 AM - Bob516 quoted Sparky Guy in post Mickey Dean (James Madison) accepts the head coach position at Auburn.Mickey Dean should have a stead...
- 09:27 AM - Orange Socks quoted Sparky Guy in post Mickey Dean (James Madison) accepts the head coach position at Auburn.Mickey Dean should have a stead...
- 10:50 PM - dbronstein quoted Sparky Guy in post Former Los Altos baseball player sues coach after being benched...HS coaches have the players 6 d...