- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 10:25 PMThat is because they do not understand that a runner is forced from a base, not to a base. :)8 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 10:17 PMIf that happened and the player was not ejected, you need to find another umpire group before someone is seriously injured.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 05:17 PMIn all rule sets, the runner would be out regardless of what happened at or after the collision. The ball would be declared dead immediately and if...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-18-2016, 12:45 PM^^this. It is something on which too many coaches do not advise their catchers. The mask should be held in the bare hand until the player is...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-18-2016, 12:35 PMresponding to which post?27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-18-2016, 01:31 AMIt is the batter-runner's responsibility to be in the 3' lane to avoid being ruled out for interfering with a defender's ability to receive the throw...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-18-2016, 01:19 AMSpeaking ASA, as "play" is defined, the umpire needn't just an out would have been executed. The only requirement is that the defender has an...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-18-2016, 01:11 AMI should note that when I say no exceptions, I am referring to an untouched batted ball, not one deflected.27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-16-2016, 08:31 PMAssuming "your player" is the BR. The fielder has the right of way to field the batted ball, no exceptions. If there was contact, then it would be...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2016, 07:16 PMMTR replied to a thread what does "protesting" a game realistically achieve? in Softball Rules QuestionsWhat? Did you run out of orange in AZ? :)14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2016, 08:12 PMThese "limitations" were not installed as limitations, but the original softball rules for everyone and were pared back over the years23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2016, 08:14 PMI actually had someone use that on me a few years back. Having heard it as a joke before, I sort of snickered. With a smile on my face, "Not...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2016, 10:05 AMIt is not a matter of thinking what I want. It is a matter of knowing what I was doing and the target of the change when I proposed and submitted...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-10-2016, 09:49 AMThen to whom are you referring as the "chief" umpire? Must be rules exclusive to your league or Australia. I know these are not ISF since...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-09-2016, 11:49 PMDo you mean the plate umpire, the UIC or someone else? Speaking ASA This would be an eligibility issue which is not the umpire's call at...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-09-2016, 04:47 PMAbsolutely not correct. I'm sure you think you are, but I can tell you as a fact, you are wrong. No argument, but in many cases, that doesn't...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 10:56 PMThis is just as absurd a statement as those who claim a certain hitter can put it out of the park any time s/he wants to hit a home run.27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 11:22 AMYet some believe they need that cushion (of 3 additional poor pitches) to be successful.27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 10:05 AMIt should. The only people who should have a problem with an abbreviated count are weak hitters and pitchers. The purpose of the 1-1 count in SP...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-06-2016, 07:50 PMIf that is your goal, why would there be a problem with a shortened count?27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-06-2016, 12:40 PMWind should keep the fields dry. :)12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-05-2016, 11:04 PMThe 1-1 count isn't that big a deal. The 2-1 is a challenge, but I would think how the player handles that challenge would be of great interest to...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-04-2016, 08:50 AMMTR replied to a thread For some reason "Obstruction" is now the call to make locally in Softball Rules QuestionsMaybe, maybe not. Depends on whether the runner was impeded prior to reaching the base. Same answer as above Suggest your fielders be...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2016, 09:30 PMNot to mention what may have been saved on drink & food. It seemed plenty of folks to advantage of the lack of a fee.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2016, 09:25 PM^^This. /thread20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2016, 09:04 AMAnd again, it is not ASA/USA, it is the local host that makes such determinations.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 02:40 PMNot really. The host determines if there will be and how much that gate charge will be. Some are moving away from a gate charge by going with some...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-28-2016, 08:11 AMIt should also be noted that this interpretation only applies in the home plate area between the catcher and batter-runner.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-27-2016, 10:26 PMNeither can coaches or players31 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 01-17-2012 08:59 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 494 Times in 351 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:26 PM
- Join Date
Way past gone
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- 01:11 PM - KCPhoto quoted MTR in post interference between home and 1stresponding to which post...
- 12:45 PM - MTR quoted Greenmonsters in post Face maskProbably unnecessary but no issue ...
- 12:35 PM - MTR quoted 3afan in post interference between home and 1stthe umpire can't (or shoul...
- 11:38 AM - Eric F quoted MTR in post interference between home and 1stIt is the batter-runner'...
- 01:31 AM - MTR quoted Eric F in post interference between home and 1stI don't believe that is at ...
- 01:19 AM - MTR quoted Ajaywill in post interference between home and 1stOne of the thresholds for an ...
- 07:16 PM - MTR quoted Ajaywill in post what does "protesting" a game realistically achieve?Just a note....probably compa...
- 08:14 PM - MTR quoted Greenmonsters in post 1 and 1 count for a showcase?Reminds me of my favorite umpire b...
- 06:14 PM - TigerForty quoted MTR in post Rule ClarificationThen to whom are you ref...
- 10:05 AM - MTR quoted CoreSoftball20 in post 1 and 1 count for a showcase?Think what you want MTR It is not ...
- 09:49 AM - MTR quoted TigerForty in post Rule ClarificationSo the plate umpire has made al...
- 12:31 AM - TigerForty quoted MTR in post Rule ClarificationDo you mean the plate um...