- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 09:46 PMMTR replied to a thread "Well, I Played Baseball For 30 Years" is NOT a USA Softball rule in Softball DiscussionsThen the umpires kicked it because NPF rule reflects NCAA and other than a minor clarification on a possible obstruction call, the rule is the same...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:03 PMMTR replied to a thread "Well, I Played Baseball For 30 Years" is NOT a USA Softball rule in Softball DiscussionsA good umpire and it is NOT an IP. It is a ball on the batter and a live ball.10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 12:12 PMPart of growing up and becoming an adult145 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:22 PMActually had this in a SP game. No argument whatsoever. The only issue is that the defense was pissed at themselves for not being aware of the...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 10:13 AMIf the video shown is the referenced game, umpire didn't send anyone anywhere22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:30 AMNot too sure I would rule INT in this case without seeing the play and take into consideration what that player was doing. The catcher was not...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 12:12 PMThat's okay, there is nothing HTBT about it. Worst case scenario, the umpire could have warned the batter for leaving the box and/or immediately...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 12:08 PMSome things about that play. Armbrister actually tried to check up and duck out of the way when he felt Fisk crawling up his back. The...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 10:54 PMI'm very much aware of this interpretation that is now covered in almost every baseball and softball rule set. It arose from a play in game 3 of the...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 08:11 AMNot as described here.12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-17-2017, 09:51 PMIt means you don't see it, you don't call it.40 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-17-2017, 09:24 PMActually, the ADs may have that pull. Enough get ticked off (and the coach will let them know), the contracted assoc./assignor may not get a...40 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 09:38 AMIt is a lame rule that should be dumped, but it is not as difficult as people want to make it.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 05:23 PMIt is not a force out, however, the BR never reached 1B safely which means no runs can score regardless of how many advanced or how quickly. Inning...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 09:34 PMAaaahhhhh...no. Remember a few years ago when the IP was targeted, some of the attention came from some in the game complaining about it just as...40 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 08:58 PMAbsolutely, I always preach to never lie, it kills any credibility for the rest of that game, tournament and just about as long as the team continues...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 08:49 AMWhat mistake? The umpire called it foul and you agree? There is no urgency in calling a ball "foul". For as much as we know, the umpire did call...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 08:06 AMSpeaking NFHS A BR who overruns 1B and: Turns left and moves back toward the infield in any direction except directly toward 2B is committed to...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-12-2017, 11:44 PMMTR replied to a thread How would you handle this situation. Obstruction related in Softball Rules QuestionsNot in 1989. ATR was still in place at that time which could possibly make a difference here Yeppers, without hesitation.7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-11-2017, 10:54 AMI would love to be the personal injury lawyer for the runner that is injured from sliding because of this statement :)14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-11-2017, 10:47 AMYou cannot throw the bat in anger. I assume you are referring to a bat release during a swing. Speaking OFKAA, you are correct, no such rule. ...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-05-2017, 12:49 PMThe fact that she is a RH batter dictates that she will be inside the line from the start. And she exited over the front, inside corner of the box,...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-05-2017, 12:34 PMNot possible since there was no attempt to tag her.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-05-2017, 09:40 AMI got nuttin' The BR must avoid interfering with the defender making the play on an untouched batted ball. If she goes to the right, it is an...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-04-2017, 08:38 AMGreat band :)57 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-04-2017, 08:34 AMThank you. I've been to PCB Stayed on the beach. So much so that you nearly step out of the elevator onto the sand. Loved it, but then again,...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-03-2017, 10:15 PMThat is a pitiful answer. Granted, he shouldn't run in and take over, but there are methods for umpires to communicate. It probably wouldn't hurt...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-03-2017, 10:08 PMDepends on the rule set. Yet, there are some which have specific rules addressing malicious contact. OPKAA only addresses a collision with a...40 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-03-2017, 09:02 PMUnlike a smaller ball game where umpires brag about not using indicators and often scoff at the suggestion a BU be involved in keeping the count,...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-03-2017, 08:48 PMI think that is part of the problem. IMO, umpires are inappropriately concentrating on the catchers and their feet and not looking for the required...57 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
2 Visitor Messages
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 01-17-2012 08:59 AM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 538 Times in 377 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:10 PM
- Join Date
Way past gone
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- 05:15 AM - YOCOACH quoted MTR in post "Well, I Played Baseball For 30 Years" is NOT a USA Softball rule... for the correction MTR. The ball slipped ou...
- 09:46 PM - MTR quoted YOCOACH in post "Well, I Played Baseball For 30 Years" is NOT a USA Softball ruleActually, the call should ha...
- 09:03 PM - MTR quoted BobInMadison in post "Well, I Played Baseball For 30 Years" is NOT a USA Softball ruleWho ever calls IP in 12u rec? Th...
- 09:22 PM - MTR quoted Comp in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)I have actually had it ha...
- 10:13 AM - MTR quoted Comp in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)Just read an article on t...
- 09:51 AM - Comp quoted MTR in post Running in to the catcherNot too sure I would rul...
- 09:30 AM - MTR quoted Comp in post Running in to the catcherNot necessarily true. If...