- Older Activity
- Today, 01:36 PMHere most of the thread with working gifs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DZw6Nr3f4KXKJokOkoCQkldKP6c93VAaqaKtrG6Bp8Q/edit134 replies | 21180 view(s)
- 03-25-2017, 10:47 PMGood advice /\!8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-25-2017, 10:35 PMDD plays pitcher and first on her current team and HC has asked her to consider a first baseman's glove. She does pretty well with her 12.5 Worth...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 03:58 PMFinch was definitely a glove slapper during games: My suggestion is to grab the radar and gun a few pitches using adduction and some not. I'm...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 03:43 PMHer adduction looks good to me and I hope it isn't discouraged.19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 02:35 PMCount me as another who strongly advocates for adducting/pulling the arms in to add power to the release. If it results in a glove slap that hurts,...19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 11:02 AMLooking forward to trying this: Combined with my flamingo drill, I'm hoping this will boost spin recognition with my kids ;)20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-23-2017, 10:54 PMOK. I stand (actually sitting) corrected. Per a PM, the descriptions are from the pitcher's perspective: -6/12 = drop -7/1 = crop -7/1 yawed =...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-23-2017, 05:00 PMLooking back as JS's spin descriptions--I'm not sure I understand? javasource when you get a chance, can you let me know if any of these match...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-23-2017, 11:03 AM.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bump....27 replies | 1458 view(s)
- 03-23-2017, 09:52 AMI forgot a yawed spin. This is the two seam version (for Doug ;) .) From the catcher's perspective, this could be described as: -12/6 yawed ...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-22-2017, 06:56 PMI would guess this is correct. If she is doing well she has some IR. Many players that think they are following HE instruction (which they do through...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-22-2017, 01:18 PMAwesome game speed clip! Nice find!!!20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-22-2017, 01:13 PMA striped/marked ball is really useful in learning spins. You might not get the stripe perfect, but it helps to see the spin. A good spin is one...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-22-2017, 12:56 PMHi Josh! Welcome to DFP ;) I like these threads on drop spin: https://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/3109-peel-drop-where-start.html...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-22-2017, 11:51 AMWith all of the misinformation out there, it amazes me how many kids do their routines of push down, wrist snap and pull up--yet throw with pretty...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-22-2017, 10:51 AMI really like the idea of using competition in progressions: 1) Practice the skill in drill with 100% focus on form 2) Add elements of challenge:...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2017, 10:00 PMDang! Did I break the website?12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2017, 09:59 PMHate it when the site is down!1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2017, 01:49 PMTony has a pretty good gig going right now as a student assistant at Oregon! Imagine the BP those girls get between White, Glasco and Aresco! He...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2017, 11:59 AMThe catcher is the first video isn't wearing chest protection!12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-20-2017, 12:38 AMThe best change is one that is easiest to control. Play with several and refine the ones that take off speed and are easier to control. 12/6 spin...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2017, 12:44 PMI would change. Flip is very hard pitch to throw. I have seen very few good ones. Can the pitching coach demonstrate at full speed and distance. That...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2017, 12:12 AMThe wrists and hands are connectors--part of the mechanism that turns the barrel and throws the barrel through the ball. The hands/wrists work in...47 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-12-2017, 01:38 PMIf you knuckle pointer and middle finger they can't push the ball and the ring and pinkie will work around the ball. It will slow down with side and...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2017, 10:14 PMAbsolutely put some time in with the Drive Mechanics thread https://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/18135-drive-mechanics.html She...7 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Northeast Ohio
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 315 Times in 191 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 12:10 PM
- Join Date
I eat, sleep and breathe softball
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
No results to display...
- 11:23 AM - Rocketech1 quoted lhowser in post It's not all about speedI hear this all the time. Co...
- 11:05 AM - riseball quoted lhowser in post It's not all about speedI hear this all the time. Co...
- 10:38 AM - lhowser quoted Rocketech1 in post It's not all about speedThanks for sharing. While I agr...
- 05:16 PM - lhowser quoted Wizard of Glove in post Slowing down the Change UpWhat about the drop ball. Do you jus...
- 03:40 PM - Wizard of Glove quoted lhowser in post Slowing down the Change UpHere's a thought. I explain ...
- 03:39 PM - Wizard of Glove quoted lhowser in post Slowing down the Change UpHere's a thought. I explain ...
- 11:20 AM - lhowser quoted DNeeld in post Screwball helpScrewball don't break all t...
- 10:39 AM - lhowser quoted Wizard of Glove in post Slowing down the Change UpMy dd throws a peel drop which for s...