- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 11:26 PMI also loved it and highly recommend it. It is spot-on.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:00 AMThis is probably old hat for those of you who have been around fastpitch softball for a while, but it is definitely valuable for those of you who are...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-04-2017, 11:52 AMI have a pitching student who had the same issue in the third quadrant of the circle (for a lefty like this one, 12:00 to 3:00). She would be fine...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-02-2017, 12:37 PMI do some work with the catchers in a program that is franchised. A lot of the quality is dependent not just on the coach but whoever is running the...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 08-02-2017, 12:23 PMWelcome home, Bill! Glad to hear you're back at it.8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-30-2017, 01:00 AMIt’s that time of year again. We’re in the midst of tryout season – that time when players try to show coaches what a great addition they would be to...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-28-2017, 10:10 PMHa ha, thanks Shooting Star. Sorry to make your life so miserable. ;) His daughter is an amazingly hard worker, and quite mentally tough. She...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 07-21-2017, 06:00 PMEvery fastpitch softball player faces this situation sooner or later: it’s game day, and you’re just not feeling it. Maybe it’s been a long season...0 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 12:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 04:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...