- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 08:00 PMKen Krause started a thread 5 Tips for dealing with difficult parents as a youth softball coach in Ken's Softball TipsIn the mockumentary*All Stars, at one point the frustrated coach of a girls 10U fastpitch softball team tells his wife*“The ideal team is one where...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 12:36 PMSo far, it seems like it's more about the "soft" stuff - reasons to play, how to handle adversity, what to look for in a college, etc. It'll be...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-17-2017, 10:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Giving fastpitch catchers a ladder to success on throwdowns in Ken's Softball TipsFirst of all, a quick hello to any students from Mr. Nikolich’s Marketing 470 class at NIU who decided to stop by and see if I was as full of it as I...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-17-2017, 09:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Giving fastpitch catchers a ladder to success on throwdowns in Ken's Softball TipsFirst of all, a quick hello to any students from Mr. Nikolich’s Marketing 470 class at NIU who decided to stop by and see if I was as full of it as I...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-12-2017, 10:07 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Smart baserunning pays off in fastpitch softball in Ken's Softball TipsI agree. It needs to be talked through, and it needs to be practiced. Not for an entire practice, but certainly give some experience with it. You can...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-10-2017, 08:00 PMThis post was prompted by a play I saw yesterday on TV during the Oklahoma/Auburn game. It points out both the need for fastpitch softball...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-10-2017, 03:10 PMYes, it will be interesting to see where their mechanics end up, and how they align with what we here believe at DFP. I suspect they will be similar...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-10-2017, 03:05 PMAgree. And kudos to the OK freshman who pinch hit with two runners on and score them both. That's a pretty big at bat for your first official...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-09-2017, 04:07 PMFunny, I am watching the Auburn v OK game right now and you can see Auburn's Makayla Martin slowing her arm down as she throws the changeup. Very...35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-07-2017, 11:29 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too much in Ken's Softball TipsSounds like your DD has the right attitude, and is a competitor. True competitors love to compete, and the thrill of winning comes from knowing the...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-04-2017, 12:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too much in Ken's Softball TipsLet’s face it. Whether your activity of choice is fastpitch softball, soccer, basketball, auto racing, marching band competitions, tiddlywinks or...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-03-2017, 05:45 PMSome of my favorite times were spent driving an hour with my oldest daughter to her weekly pitching lessons. We'd talk, listen to music, and...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-28-2017, 06:00 PMThe other night, as I was finishing up the paperwork for that night’s lessons, one of the baseball pitching instructors (who coincidentally also...0 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 01:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 05:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...