- Older Activity
- Today, 01:01 PMAgree completely. Whether it's hitting, pitching, catching, or some other aspect I always try to warn the parents that what we're doing is likely to...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 12:59 PMTrue. I generally refer to that as "entertaining the parents." It's like the approach a lot of businesses take when they generate endless reports no...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 06:14 PMInteresting, because I was just having a discussion about this with someone last night. He is the head coach of the team one of my pitchers plays...28 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-20-2017, 04:46 PMKen Krause replied to a thread A quick rundown on why you should regularly practice rundowns in Ken's Softball TipsOne of my former players commented on the post on my Facebook page. She has never commented on any of them before, unless her picture was in it :-)...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-17-2017, 08:00 PMKen Krause started a thread A quick rundown on why you should regularly practice rundowns in Ken's Softball TipsA few years ago, when I was still coaching teams, I heard through the grapevine that one of the parents was griping about how much we practiced...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 05:40 PMI've done some of it before. Probably not enough, but we tried. Although with some of the girls I had, even if you cut .4 seconds off their home to...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 05:27 PMTheoretically, balls and strikes are based on where the ball crosses the plate. If the ball cross the plate knee-high and over the plate, then takes...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-09-2017, 04:28 PMGetting back to the OP, in order for it to be cheating I would think you would have to gain some sort of advantage by doing it. What possible...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 05:00 PMThat's unfortunate that she had a bad experience and didn't go back. Too bad there aren't more penalties for bad behavior. Maybe tournament directors...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 11:20 AMNo doubt. And it seems to be getting worse with each passing year. To paraphrase Peter Venkman, you don't have to get all dressed up in gear and...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 11:18 AMNo doubt. It's amazing how out-of-control otherwise rational human beings can get when it comes to sports contests of any type. One of the...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-07-2017, 07:00 PMIf you’ve been thinking lately that it’s a tough time for officials in a number of sports including fastpitch softball, you’d be right. As this...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-05-2017, 09:29 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Alternative to Designated Hitter batting dummy for pitcher in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsA large traffic cone. Your local utility company will be more than happy to "supply" you with one. ;)6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-01-2017, 08:00 PMI could have sworn I have posted this before, but I just ran a bunch of searches and couldn’t find it so just in case here it goes again. One of the...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-26-2017, 11:52 AMYes, mechanics are the great equalizer. I think most people would agree that the most athletic kids would succeed no matter what. Mechanics give...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-25-2017, 08:00 PMTalk to fastpitch softball coaches, parents, and players and the one thing you’ll find in common is everyone is looking for that one magic solution...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-24-2017, 12:04 AMNice to see a coach standing up for his program. And being on the right side of things while doing it.5 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 01:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 05:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...