- Older Activity
- Today, 12:32 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Overcoming the urge to aim in fastpitch pitching in Ken's Softball TipsThank you!2 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 08:00 PMOne of the most common problems I see when trying to teach fastpitch pitchers to learn to whip the arm through the release zone is overcoming the...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-19-2018, 01:11 PMThanks, guys. Hopefully the tech folks will be able to figure out a solution so we don't need all these workarounds.21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2018, 11:57 AMMarc has asked if a couple of you can send screen shots of the spam messages you're receiving. If you can attach them here I will make sure he sees...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-18-2018, 11:08 AMI've brought this iOS issue up again, so hopefully it will be addressed. Obbay, for the workplace blocking issue, are you using the old http web...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 08:00 PM  By now you’ve probably heard that at the recent National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) convention, D1 softball coaches finally stepped up to...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2018, 06:03 PMI've been using a carpeted runner in some catching clinics. I assume you want to protect the gym floor from shinguards? A 4' wide section should...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-11-2018, 01:43 PMThere are some suggestions in a thread under the Technical Support forum way at the bottom. Another thing you can try is turning off Search Engine...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-08-2018, 08:00 PMWhen you spend as much time as I do around batting cages, one of the things you’re bound to hear is a coach telling a hitter about the importance of...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-05-2018, 01:32 PMThat's the phrase of the day for me!25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 01:49 PMAlso, the dimpled balls in commercial batting cages are built for durability. They're designed to be in constant use, day after day, so they are...53 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-03-2018, 01:28 PMThanks, Quincy, and to all who expressed their thanks and all who participate. It's amazing to see how this community has grown since it started....5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-28-2017, 08:00 PMJust wanted to take a moment here before the end of the year to thank everyone who has chosen to be a part of the Life in the Fastpitch Lane...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-28-2017, 11:25 AMOk, that's not so bad then. One year we had what I consider the worst coaching shirts ever. We approved them in December, which was the big mistake....8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-27-2017, 01:10 PMAfter all the hot summers spent in those coaching shirts, I'm not sure I'd want them so close to my face when I'm trying to sleep. Laundry detergent...8 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 01:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 05:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...