- Older Activity
- 10-21-2016, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Why you should never let anyone else set your limitations in Ken's Softball TipsIf you’ve been a regular Life in the Fastpitch Lane reader, you know I love inspirational stories about real softball players. Not just the ones who...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-21-2016, 03:48 PMTo address what I think is the core of the original question, if all you're really good at is laying down a sacrifice bunt, not you won't be very...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-20-2016, 09:58 PMWhen I formed the IOMT Castaways, my banker advised me to register as a not-for-profit corporation. This is the in the State of Illinois. It was a...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2016, 03:20 PMMy pitching students have had a lot of success with the curve over the years. Not just in the local tournaments, but in Colorado and various...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-09-2016, 12:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Sports administration not just a boy’s game anymore in Ken's Softball TipsWith today being the last day of Women in Sports Week, it seemed like this would be a good way to finish it out – talking about opportunities for...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-08-2016, 08:44 PMPick good parents. ;)21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-08-2016, 08:43 PMYes, CV. that's what I'm saying. As pitchers become more accomplished, most will not throw many if any fastballs. They'll be looking to changes...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 07:00 PMGuest post by Ohio University’s Athletic Administration Program.* As women’s sports gain more fans it isn’t surprising that just last year the...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 05:01 PMDepends on who you talk to, CV. IIRC, Cat Osterman purposely throws a corkscrew/bullet spin fastball. It's what she was taught. Eventually it...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 02:36 PMSo, does it spin backwards as it approaches the plate?9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 02:35 PMKen Krause replied to a thread At what age does slap hitting start to loose effectiveness? in Softball DiscussionsI agree with Ajaywill. You don't have to have killer speed to use the slap effectively -if you can also hit for power. If all you can do is slap or...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 02:12 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Should I be expected to run base to base so my team doesn't run up to score in Coaching SoftballI am also in the base-to-base camp. Unfortunately, there's no really good way to handle a mismatch. What one coach considers classy another coach...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-04-2016, 04:13 PMPut in place in many cases to save college coaches from themselves. ;)5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-04-2016, 04:07 PMRemind your daughter that the reasons pitchers wear masks now is so they don't get hit in the face with a hit ball. I have never seen or talked to a...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2016, 12:10 AMFor sure, Bob. Just being around the game seems to be a pretty darned good teacher. Cool story about your girls. Bet you can't wait to see where...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 07:00 PMI have always been a big believer in the ability of kids, at least certain kids, to learn the nuances of softball through osmosis. I certainly saw it...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 04:48 PMTo paraphrase Mr. Holland's Opus, if you can't teach a willing 8 year old how to throw, catch and hit a ball, you're not a very good coach.49 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 12:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 04:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...