- Older Activity
- 06-24-2017, 12:00 PMGuest post by Lily Jolie, www.baseballeagle.com.* Most kids who start playing fastpitch softball do so because it looks like fun – and often it is....0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-24-2017, 11:00 AMGuest post by Lily Jolie, www.baseballeagle.com.* Most kids who start playing fastpitch softball do so because it looks like fun – and often it is....0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-17-2017, 11:00 PMKen Krause started a thread A shoutout to all the dads who keep fastpitch softball rolling in Ken's Softball TipsWith Father’s Day coming up tomorrow I thought it might be a nice idea to say something nice about all the dads who spend hours upon hours keeping...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 11:37 AMKen Krause replied to a thread State Championship...moment of a lifetime! in Shameless Parent Brag Post ForumThat is very cool. Congratulations to your daughter and her team on a very difficult accomplishment!4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-14-2017, 10:06 PMI ended up going up to the Riverside Pub in Wilmot to watch it since I live in Illinois and don't have Direct TV.2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-14-2017, 04:46 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Dealing with 503 server unavailable problems in Chrome in Forum Rules / Tech Support / UpdatesI have escalated the issue at least twice now. It's up to the tech folks to handle it.6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 04:51 PMStrikes are not a goal. Strikes are a result. If you use good mechanics, as others have said, the ball will go where it's supposed to. It's no...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-09-2017, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Lessons Learned from the Women’s College World Series in Ken's Softball TipsWell, that was quite a Women’s College World Series (WCWS) wasn’t it? Lots of fastpitch softball drama (the good kind) from the Regional games all...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2017, 02:40 PMJust want to remind everyone to leave politics out of the discussions. This is a fastpitch softball forum, and we want to keep the discussion focused...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-03-2017, 01:00 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Anyone else having problem with the DFP server? in Softball DiscussionsI posted on this in the help forum since I was getting the 503 error too. Delete cookies, and if necessary browser history. Not sure why it's...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-02-2017, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Fastpitch catchers: On your feet or on your knees in Ken's Softball TipsOk, I’ll admit it. The headline was my opportunity to offer a tribute to one of my favorite Blue Oyster Cult albums. But it does have relevance for...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-02-2017, 09:36 AMWhen I use the "spaghetti" cue I will usually tell them I want their arms to be like cooked spaghetti rather than uncooked spaghetti. Even the...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 05-31-2017, 09:30 PMKen Krause started a thread Dealing with 503 server unavailable problems in Chrome in Forum Rules / Tech Support / UpdatesRan into this one over the weekend myself. I was trying to get on DFP from my laptop but kept getting a 503 error message saying the server was...6 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 12:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 04:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...