- Older Activity
- Today, 01:38 PMQuincy, that made me laugh out loud.5 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:27 PMActually, check your security settings and how your PC handles cookies. I use Chrome all the time and never have to clear my cookies. I think the...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-20-2017, 09:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Keeping fastpitch pitchers on the straight and narrow in Ken's Softball TipsOne of the keys to maximizing both speed and control for fastpitch pitchers is driving straight down the powerline (more or less). That is the direct...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-19-2017, 05:41 PM#1 is the same way you get to Carnegie Hall in New York - practice! A lot. Obsessively. The threads mentioned above are great places to start....19 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2017, 05:30 PMDoug, if you're talking about them being cleared out without you doing it I think it's something that happens automatically. None of the Mods do...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-12-2017, 05:27 PMNo problem on the topic. Hope BBF gets up and running soon, as I know it's a great site.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2017, 10:45 PMKen Krause replied to a thread How many pitches should a fastpitch pitcher have? in Ken's Softball TipsThat's awesome to hear, that she is developing a new pitch. Never be satisfied! I agree on the number of pitches you've mastered, or at least...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2017, 06:13 PMKen Krause replied to a thread How many pitches should a fastpitch pitcher have? in Ken's Softball TipsI agree with the first statement. There is no advantage in throwing 4 or 5 crappy pitches versus 1 good one. You have to build them over time, and...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2017, 06:06 PMKen Krause replied to a thread How many pitches should a fastpitch pitcher have? in Ken's Softball TipsGood as she is, are you saying with absolute certainty that if she had another pitch it would not make any difference?24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2017, 06:04 PMThat's smart. As CB said, a great change - one where the ball comes out at a different speed while the arm circle remains just as fast - is the great...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2017, 06:01 PMCB, part of that depends on how good the opponents are. For some that will be enough. For others, perhaps not. Part of it is the math. If you...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-10-2017, 05:51 PMI don't think there are any hard and fast rules as far as what pitches you should be throwing at what age. It really depends on how well you can...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 01-09-2017, 11:00 PMKen Krause started a thread How many pitches should a fastpitch pitcher have? in Ken's Softball TipsI know the title sounds like a tongue twister (how much wood can a woodchuck chuck), but the question of how many pitches a fastpitch pitcher should...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-30-2016, 08:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Trick for helping fastpitch hitters adjust their timing in Ken's Softball TipsAs important as it is, timing is one of the most challenging things for fastpitch hitters to work on. You can build your swing on the tee all day...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 12-30-2016, 06:34 PMAlso reminds me of this. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CUPDRnUWeBA" frameborder="0"...24 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 01:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 05:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...