- Older Activity
- 04-21-2017, 11:18 PMJust to set the record straight, that was actually Dana's post. I just reprinted it.3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 07:00 PMThis is a topic I have written about often, but it bears repeating. Especially when it’s stated so well. We often talk about how softball (or any...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 03:23 PMHi everyone, Just wanted to let you know per Marc that the "login with Facebook" option has been disabled. It apparently has been causing several...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 03:19 PMIf you have been using the Facebook login, that option has been disabled. It has apparently been the source of several problems. Please login...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 09:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Tips for winning the cat-and-mouse game between pitchers and hitters in Ken's Softball TipsOne of the most fundamental elements of a fastpitch softball game, especially at the higher levels, is the cat-and-mouse game between pitchers and...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Tips for winning the cat-and-mouse game between pitchers and hitters in Ken's Softball TipsOne of the most fundamental elements of a fastpitch softball game, especially at the higher levels, is the cat-and-mouse game between pitchers and...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 10:55 AMKen Krause replied to a thread Pitcher "fakes" a pitch (doesn't release ball)... in Coaching SoftballThere is nothing illegal, however, about the pitcher slowing her arm down before she releases the ball. Poorly trained pitchers do it all the time on...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-12-2017, 09:36 AMCongratulations, Amy. That is quite an honor. Bet it was fun to see your old teammates again - and to comment on how much older than you they all...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-12-2017, 09:35 AMWith every wish comes a curse.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-11-2017, 11:36 PMI took care of it. The other thread now has the proper title.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-09-2017, 08:58 PMWestwind, ExpressVB is looking into it.17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-07-2017, 08:00 PMOne of the things that keeps being a fastpitch*softball instructor fun and interesting is that there is always some new puzzle to solve. That was...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-02-2017, 10:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Making adjustments part of the fastpitch game plan in Ken's Softball TipsEstablishing a game plan is an important part of approaching fastpitch softball games strategically. Especially when you have the opportunity to...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-31-2017, 09:56 AMClearly you don't hang around the Technical Hitting Forum much. ;) This one isn't even close to the record yet. We've had threads there go on for 67...294 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-28-2017, 10:16 PMI have the perfect solution for the NCAA to discipline TW if that's the way they want to go. Require all umpires to call all illegal pitches by...294 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-26-2017, 01:00 PMKen Krause started a thread College softball not always the Valhalla you imagine in Ken's Softball TipsThere is a belief by many in the fastpitch softball world that making it to play in college gives you entry into a virtual*Valhalla where the...1 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
1 Visitor Messages
- My name is David Fields and I want to invite your player (ages 9-18) to attend my hitting school. Im a certified Pro Hitting Coach, trained by Dave Hudgens, a Major League Hitting Coach for the New York Mets.
2011 marks Coach Hudgens’ 33rd season as either a player, manager, coach or instructor in professional baseball and he is regarded as one of the top hitting coaches at the pro level. Dave was a full-scholarship player at Arizona State University, where he led the team to two consecutive College World Series. In 1977 Dave was voted All-American and all WAC, after leading the team to the College World Series Championship and leading the team in Home Runs and RBI’s!
I’ve worked with Coach Hugdens’ program since 2002, and have personally logged over 50 hours with him at his baseball facility in Phoenix, AZ. He taught me how to take the most complicated subject in sports down to a simple step by step understanding and performing all the mechanics of an “Elite” MLB swing.
My clients that have completed the first level of instruction have sent me very positive results from using this form of hitting, reporting a significant increase in batting average as well as hitting with more power.
The head coach of the women’s Georgia Bull Dogs softball team, Lu Harris, was a fellow attendee at Coach Hugdens’ training. She uses this system with her team, which has resulted in 10 straight NCAA Division I championship appearances.
Coach Hudgens states approximately 7 out of 10 kids nationally do not receive correct hitting instruction, resulting in little chance to advance past high school level of play. Kids should receive proper instruction as early as possible to avoid development of bad habits, which result in incorrect muscle memory movements. I attended a 2011 Utah High School State championship baseball game, and observed only one player who was even close to performing the correct mechanics. One of the teams had two hitters at the top of line up doing a double stride (stride foot coming back then forward again), which resulted in timing being behind all game with the other teams pitchers throwing in the low 90s in speed. There is a reason no one in the MLB is doing that movement today. College or Pro scouts are not interested in batting averages or how many home runs a player post up–they are looking for mechanics that result in a short hand path with power driven from the lower body. As noted above, proper training is best begun as young as possible. My program provides the most comprehensive instruction in Utah in proper hitting mechanics for an elite level hitter.
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Rock in Roll and Baseball
- Pro Hitting Coach
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 12-16-2011 12:56 PM
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Last Activity
- 02-17-2012 04:45 PM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
No results to display...
No results to display...