- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 01:52 PMLOL I thought the same thing. You'll never see me on a bucket straight on and "exposed"... I'm always sideways! It only took one good shot to never...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:33 AMAs all coaches should be!!! I've yet to see a "gift" given when a coach is being a tool bag towards the Blue... Knight's slo mo gif of Walton and...59 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 03:48 PMDD sprained her thumb yesterday. Just a league game tomorrow if weather co-operates.14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 11:39 AMAre they selling 3 pound water bottles in Wisconsin? Thats almost a half gallon!!! No wonder Suzies bat bag weight 60 pounds!5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-24-2017, 11:35 AMcoach james replied to a thread 12u --- Fake Throw Down To Shortstop --- Like Or Not in Coaching SoftballMy 12u team will practice this, however I'm hesitant to call it in games due to their lack of consistent execution in practice... as said above,...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-23-2017, 03:04 PMI'm a rec umpire who is an ex-president and ex-VP of the league. Its tempting to coach some, especially at the 8u REC level, when I see pitchers...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-21-2017, 11:28 PMJust had the pleasure of umpiring a rec game that one inning was caught by a 10yo who went to Jay's president's day camp. Good catchers definitely...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-17-2017, 01:53 PMDabears17 replied to a thread Yours, mine, and ours Friday check in 3/17/17 in Being a Softball ParentSame as last week. League game Saturday, 3 game Super friendly Sunday.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2017, 05:49 PMI had an umpire once call my DD out once on a similar play in a pool play game. I knew exactly why the umpire did and he confirmed it after the...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-16-2017, 12:18 PM1bucketmom replied to a thread When does the roller coaster turn into a merry-go-round. in Softball PitchingUpdate....... and sharing because sometimes this stuff helps others too. I've been working on adjusting my expectations and realized that I had...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-15-2017, 11:53 AMI hear ya!!! Ive seen where thats the case sometimes... some umps dont like your help! Its as if they view it as an insult when a base coach "helps"8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2017, 11:09 PM1bucketmom replied to a thread Are Ringor pitching toe cleats worth the money? in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsAgree they are worth the money...... but we use Cleatskins to cut down the wear. cleatskins.com5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2017, 01:10 PMRefunds will be an issue if dues are paid in... most team will average between $500-$2500 depending on #of games, facilities/fields rented,...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-14-2017, 12:47 PMSad thing here is they (officiating) like to wait until the WCWS to finally call IP's... She and Barnhill are in a world of hurt assuming they both...46 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2017, 04:01 PMI love watching softball players play VB. They aren't afraid of the ball, are good at reading where the ball is going to go, and usually can serve...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2017, 02:59 PMHope Maddie heals quickly! Sweet Lou has a great suggestion about playing 1B. My DD's MS team last fall had 3 players with All-Star...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2017, 11:20 AMWonder if the 1B coach making the safe call had anything to do with umpires call.8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2017, 09:28 PMImagine having a bullpen with those 3 at your disposal... A burner (Monica) A spinner (Cat) and a mix of the two (Ueno) You could probably argue...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2017, 12:22 PMDabears17 replied to a thread High School,Rec or travel ball Remember Friday check in loves you 3/10/17 in Being a Softball ParentRec game on Saturday, 3 game super-friendly on Sunday.21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-10-2017, 01:03 AM1bucketmom replied to a thread When does the roller coaster turn into a merry-go-round. in Softball PitchingCongrats to your DD. That's a fantastic achievement. Big picture..... sometimes I lose sight of it when all I want to do is help her maintain her...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-09-2017, 02:49 PMI couldn't agree more!!! She truly was amazing to watch.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-08-2017, 01:36 PM1bucketmom replied to a thread When does the roller coaster turn into a merry-go-round. in Softball PitchingExpectations - that is totally my problem. she's shown some real improvement in such a short time and I EXPECTED it to remain. I didn't expect...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-08-2017, 09:30 AMExcellent advise!!!!! Awesome response26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-08-2017, 09:24 AMthis part caused a spit take with my morning coffee!!!51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-08-2017, 12:18 AMPerhaps this is reason enough for me to be a medicated or beer mom. All kidding aside - I so enjoy working and learning with her. I've enjoyed most...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2017, 11:38 PMI've printed this out and it's going in the bucket! THANK YOU!!!!!20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2017, 10:57 PMLol... we said that too. She's going to throw her rise whenever he calls a high fastball... honestly he won't know the difference. Outside fast...51 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2017, 10:17 PM1bucketmom started a thread When does the roller coaster turn into a merry-go-round. in Softball PitchingDD is young 2nd year 12. She's been pitching for 3 1/2 years. We knew the journey would have many ups and downs but some days the downs are super...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2017, 12:42 PMShe looks really good!!!!!! Congrats to her on results from all her hard work.11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-07-2017, 12:08 PMLook at frames 5 and 6. It's the most telling in reference to her back side... Her back knee is late to the party. A sign of poor adduction. The...24 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 374 Times in 172 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 12:22 AM
- Join Date
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
- 03:44 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Dabears17 in post Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too much...t Geno's number?;) Dabears17 Pretty sure Stanford...
- 04:55 PM - Eric F quoted Dabears17 in post Maddie's Middle School Softball TryoutsI love watching softball playe...
- 04:01 PM - Dabears17 quoted Eric F in post Maddie's Middle School Softball TryoutsMaddie played volleyball fo...
- 03:41 PM - Eric F quoted Dabears17 in post Maddie's Middle School Softball TryoutsJust a thought, if she's havin...
- 11:20 AM - Dabears17 quoted doublenickel in post Check out this bad callFultondale softball fan catches '...
- 05:16 PM - Dabears17 quoted djcarter1966 in post Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too muchDabears17 Pretty sure Stanford an...
- 07:30 PM - Greenmonsters quoted Dabears17 in post Yes, there can be such a thing as winning too muchFor some reason UConn doesn't ...