- Older Activity
- 10-19-2016, 04:23 PM"64 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-19-2016, 09:54 AMAre they starting the softball swing vs baseball swing crap again? Cant hit a softball with a baseball swing was the rage 12-14 years ago right when...64 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-17-2016, 03:16 PMAnd if a catcher purposely plunks the runner they wont be playing in the game anymore. The rule is to protect the defense player at 1st so they can...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2016, 01:26 PMAs I recall from that play when the pitcher hung her spike in the shoelace she yanked both feet off the ground, so actually would have been a leap...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 06:16 PMThe foot either has to start back or the step back has to be before the hands come together. See a lot of illegal pitches immediately following...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 10:04 AMISF is the only rule set I am aware of that requires the hands to remain still for 2 seconds after coming together. Every other rule set I know of...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2016, 04:31 PMComp replied to a thread For some reason "Obstruction" is now the call to make locally in Softball Rules QuestionsBoth of your plays may or may not have been obstruction. Without being there to see them in person I have no idea. As stated above, simply being in...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2016, 11:05 AMHere is the exact wording of the rule. ASA 6-7-B. The catcher shall return the ball directly to the pitcher after each pitch, except after a...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2016, 06:42 AMYes, umpire was correct. With no runners on base, the catcher must immediately return the ball directly to the pitcher after each pitch, the penalty...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2016, 07:56 PMFirst off, most rule sets have no such rule as abandonment. If the umpire was not calling a lookback violation the runner would not be out until...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 12:34 PMAnother umpire making up rules. Nowhere in the rule book is there any discretion given to the umpire to call a player out for throwing a bat.21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 12:08 PMIt would be impossible to cover every rule missguided local rec leagues add to their rules, not to mention each and every one is going to be...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 10:05 AMTheres an idea for a new business venture. Monthly subscription for telephone rules clarifications. LOL21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 09:56 AMShould have used that magic word "PROTEST". If the umpire feels it is a safety issue, they can eject a player for unsportsmanlike conduct, but there...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 08:21 AMExcept there is no rule which provides for an umpire to call a batter out for throwing the bat, unless the bat actually interferes in a play. Some...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2016, 11:35 AMNo softball rule set I am aware of says anything about throwing to an unoccupied base. The rule says if there are no runners on base, the catcher...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2016, 11:25 AMRunner at 3rd is the plate umpires responsibility for the lookback violation on a walk, not the BU.29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2016, 11:23 AMBecause it never activates the lookback rule and the runner at 3rd is free to just stand there and/or even increase their lead further. Instead of...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2016, 09:48 AMLet the runner at 3rd creep toward home, if the offense is willing to give up that runner on 3rd it should be a simple play for a well prepared team....29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2016, 08:43 AMThis has been covered countless times over the years. The pitcher having the ball in the circle does not magically stop playing action, it simply...29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-27-2016, 09:51 PMIf the throw pulls the fielder into the path of the runner and it causes them to slow down, change course etc the umpire should rule obstruction. ...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-27-2016, 06:56 PMThe defense has no rights to block a runner on a thrown ball. Obstruction is clearly defined, a defender not in possession of the ball, or fielding...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-27-2016, 12:01 PMI answered in the other thread. Yes, if the umpires "judgement" is based on some bogus rule he is quoting of course it would still be subject to...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-27-2016, 11:48 AMComp replied to a thread Umpire Appeal on 2-Strike Foul Ball: Bunt or Swing for Lefty in Softball Rules QuestionsIf the umpire is quoting something that is not a rule as a basis for their judgement, of course it would still be protestable since it is not...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-27-2016, 11:43 AM1: Pretty much covered in the other thread on bunting. It is either an attempt to hit the ball or it is a bunt. If the batter is making no attempt...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-26-2016, 03:40 PMComp replied to a thread Umpire Appeal on 2-Strike Foul Ball: Bunt or Swing for Lefty in Softball Rules QuestionsStopping a swing at contact is also not an indication of it being a bunt or not, and as just stated above the feet also have no bearing on if it is a...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-26-2016, 02:34 PMComp replied to a thread Umpire Appeal on 2-Strike Foul Ball: Bunt or Swing for Lefty in Softball Rules QuestionsHands separating has absolutely nothing to do with being a bunt. Either the batter was attempting to hit the ball (swinging) or they were bunting...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-25-2016, 08:42 PMHas been a few years but none of the asa nationals we attended were ever stay to play. They do book with certain hotels that you are suppose to get...15 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,066 Times in 653 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 10:41 PM
- Join Date
- 03:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 11:21 PM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 12:22 PM - Snotbubbles quoted Comp in post Throwing batShould have used that mag...
- 12:08 PM - Comp quoted TopCatDad in post Throwing batIt was a rule in our local Rec...
- 11:57 AM - Hawkeyes quoted Comp in post Throwing batShould have used that mag...
- 11:52 AM - TopCatDad quoted Comp in post Throwing batExcept there is no rule w...
- 10:26 AM - GunnerShotgun quoted Comp in post Throwing bat...efore the protest. Comp takes a small percen...
- 10:05 AM - Comp quoted Hawkeyes in post Throwing batComp, I'd like to have you on...
- 09:56 AM - Comp quoted Hawkeyes in post Throwing batWe had it called this summer....
- 09:48 AM - Hawkeyes quoted Comp in post Throwing batExcept there is no rule w...
- 09:02 AM - Hawkeyes quoted Comp in post Throwing bat... throwing the bat. Comp, I'd like to have yo...
- 08:21 AM - Comp quoted quincy in post Throwing batGetting called out is not t...
- 12:33 PM - Tom Dibble quoted Comp in post What is with the first exception to the rule though?...the "always" is not completely accurate. In R...