- Older Activity
- Today, 05:32 AMIve actually only had it happen one time in a high school game. The penalty pretty stiff since it is an illegal substitution, pretty sure that coach...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-22-2017, 05:41 PMYes any umpire should know the home team always gets a last at bat, that is my biggest gripe with tournaments that have drop dead time limits with no...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 01:46 PMOk thanks for the explanation. I was picturing a runner going in in a full body cross block rolling over and that is an illegal slide.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-21-2017, 12:46 PMWhat is a "rollover slide"?13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 04:24 PMGuess the Fagan's just cant stay out of trouble and the news.145 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 01:25 PMAnswered in post #13.22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 12:33 PMI have actually had it happen in a game I was umpiring. Bases loaded, batter takes off for first on ball 3. I clearly stated for everyone to hear,...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 10:10 AMYes, that is the game I just read about. I see no motion by the plate umpire sending the batter to first, she simply takes off. Protest should be...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:51 AMWasnt inferring I would rule interference, in fact I am with you Im not sure it was anything and the catcher probably shouldnt have been where she...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:27 AMJust read an article on this this morning. I see the coach is now claiming the umpire sent her to first. Have no idea if that is true or not but if...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-20-2017, 09:12 AMNot necessarily true. If the umpire ruled interference by a runner who had already scored then the runner closest to home is out. Since there was...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-19-2017, 08:30 AMThey will lose their protest, Im pretty sure there is even an NFHS case play covering this exact situation. As stated, the defense is responsible...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 09:25 PMGenerally speaking, on batted balls right around the plate it is recognized to be a very congested area. If both the catcher and the batter are...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 01:11 PMHigh school (NFHS) is the only rule set I am aware of that does use step and reach as part of their interference rule.12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 07:39 AMIf runner was still returning, yes could possibly be interference. I assume by the wording of the OP the runner had made it back to first with the...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-17-2017, 10:54 AMThe runner is entitled to be on the base in a fly ball situation. If the runner did not do anything intentional to interfere while on the base, it...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 06:01 PMThe umpires actually ruled incorrectly in that game. She could have been assisted by other runners, or the coach could have put in a sub for her to...11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 03:40 PMMy high school coach did not put up with missing signals. You missed one you were on the bench instantly, did not matter if you were at bat, on base...31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 02:00 PMComp replied to a thread Strategy 10U B. Runner on third and walked the batter. in Softball DiscussionsYep, that too.26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 09:33 AMComp replied to a thread Strategy 10U B. Runner on third and walked the batter. in Softball DiscussionsIn USA the rule about returning the ball directly to the pitcher only applies with no runners on base, has nothing to do with making a play. Just as...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 09:00 AMComp replied to a thread Strategy 10U B. Runner on third and walked the batter. in Softball DiscussionsThrowing to 1st wont stop the batter/runner if the team is smart. Even on a walk the batter/runner is entitled to run straight through first base...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-15-2017, 08:57 AMWhat is illegal about it?26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 06:34 PMProtest the call if they say the runner must continue on to 2nd.13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 08:21 AMBecause you cannot use one rule to try and circumvent another rule. It is illegal to purposely not throw a pitch to try and get a runner out for...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 07:45 AMThe continuation play pretty much ceases at really good 12u and 14u. The girls learn how to defend it and attempting it just results in 2 outs. ...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-14-2017, 07:33 AMIt is an illegal pitch, and if the illegal pitch is what caused the runner to be off the base before the release of the ball the leaving early is...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-10-2017, 09:26 PMNfhs does have a rule about throwing the bat. First offense is team warning, 2nd offense player is restricted to bench.16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-10-2017, 02:24 PMWithout seeing play I cant say for sure if I would agree with the umpire or not, but generally speaking the runner remaining upright is not itself...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-10-2017, 02:20 PMIf it was simply a case of a missed base on something like a force out attempt at the plate, then yes, the correct mechanic is to delay slightly and...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-10-2017, 10:43 AMTalk to the league about your discipline options. It is their rule requiring you to play her at least half of each game that is allowing her to act...37 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 1,130 Times in 687 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 05:55 AM
- Join Date
- 03:29 PM - djcarter1966 mentioned Comp in post 1st and 2nd 0 Outs, pop up hit 3 feet behind 1st base.Comp just curious on the...
- 11:21 PM - BadMonkeys mentioned Comp in post Obstruction on a routine double....batter-runner awarded thirdComp, If an umpire did ob...
- 09:22 PM - MTR quoted Comp in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)I have actually had it ha...
- 05:02 PM - MightyMO quoted Comp in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)They will lose their prot...
- 04:36 PM - ANNASDAD quoted Comp in post More bad news for AuburnGuess the Fagan's just ca...
- 01:25 PM - Comp quoted Big Daddy Michigan in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)Comp, in your opinion or the rulebook's...
- 12:33 PM - Comp quoted gdc03120 in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)It is the referenced game - a...
- 10:13 AM - MTR quoted Comp in post Ball 3 - Take Your Base (?)Just read an article on t...
- 09:51 AM - Comp quoted MTR in post Running in to the catcherNot too sure I would rul...
- 09:30 AM - MTR quoted Comp in post Running in to the catcherNot necessarily true. If...
- 09:12 AM - Comp quoted quincy in post Running in to the catcherNo, runner on 1st would not...
- 10:54 PM - MTR quoted Comp in post Batter Interference QuestionGenerally speaking, on ba...
- 03:00 PM - PracticeIt quoted Comp in post Another Interference QuestionHigh school (NFHS) is the...
- 01:11 PM - Comp quoted inde53546 in post Another Interference QuestionIs there step and reach in HS?...
- 01:46 AM - Umpireernie quoted Comp in post Another Interference QuestionThe runner is entitled to...