- Older Activity
- 04-21-2017, 11:21 AMHey...I'm going to beat Comp to it for once..... Here the rule: NFHS 2-52: ...if the runner slides, the runner shall be within reach of the...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 11:53 AMLet me first say that I'm an umpire, not a scorekeeper and generally do not weigh in on scorekeeping questions. In this case, though the umpire...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-18-2017, 11:39 AMI'm still confused after reading all of the responses..... It sounds to me that F3 made a dive for the ball (initial play), didn't catch it, ball...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 12:07 PMSo you only want to get the call right when it goes in your favor? :) Generally, the call would be irreversible after the next pitch. My story:...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 11:54 AMThe rule is different in NCAA. To Paraphrase: If the BR runs through first base and stays within three feet of the foul line (either way) while...10 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-13-2017, 11:35 AMAjaywill replied to a thread How would you handle this situation. Obstruction related in Softball Rules QuestionsATR is "About to Receive" At that time, the Obstruction rule absolved the defensive player of obstruction if she had the ball or was "about to...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-07-2017, 03:01 PMAnd people wonder why all of the umpires are so old and we don't see many young umpires...... I have tried to recruit new umpires from club ball...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-05-2017, 10:51 AMThe reasons why it can be looked down on have been posted.... As an umpire, I understand that you are there for your team and it is probably just...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-05-2017, 10:44 AMWhat am I missing here? The BR hit the ball and ran...It was never close to the BR interfering with F2 fielding the ball, so that exception to the...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 04-03-2017, 03:30 PMThe primary responsibility for keeping the count belongs to the Plate umpire. Almost all umpire training that I have been exposed to encourages the...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-31-2017, 11:58 AMNFHS uses the USA Softball (ASA) bat rules.2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-29-2017, 10:52 AMThe rule is the same for NFHS play. Once the pitcher is out of the pitcher's circle, the look back rule is off and the runners are free to leave...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-27-2017, 11:38 AMHmmm....I've often wanted to use this same phrase (in reverse) with several coaches.....22 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- ASA DUIC, HS and College SB umpire
- Glendale, AZ
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 265 Times in 177 Posts
- Last Activity
- 04-21-2017 02:20 PM
- Join Date
- 01:26 PM - Big Daddy Michigan quoted Ajaywill in post handled correctly?Well, I screwed that up...cal...
- 12:07 PM - Ajaywill quoted bmakj in post handled correctly?..I am all for getting the...
- 11:54 AM - Ajaywill quoted obbay in post Base running rules questionif the runner didn't stop,...
- 11:35 AM - Ajaywill quoted Big Daddy Michigan in post How would you handle this situation. Obstruction relatedWhat is ATR? How could that be differe...
- 03:55 AM - riseball quoted Ajaywill in post Batter Thinks strike is 3rd strike and returns to the dugoutHere is the one question I al...