- Older Activity
- 10-25-2016, 12:54 PMBest thing to do would be to contact the commissioner, director, (whatever the title is), of any of the organizations in your area and ask this...5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-25-2016, 12:51 PMI believe the only sanctioning body that addresses this is NCAA. I'm not sure, but I believe that any stats accumulated in a game up to the point...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-17-2016, 02:11 PMThis situation is different from the OP, in that this play is discussing the running lane and the throw to first base. In order for interference to...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-17-2016, 02:05 PMOne of the thresholds for an interference call is that there is a play to be interfered with. I wasn't there and didn't see the plays in question...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2016, 12:06 PMAjaywill replied to a thread what does "protesting" a game realistically achieve? in Softball Rules QuestionsJust a note....probably comparing apples and bananas here. It sounds as though this is a player eligibility issue...something the umpire on the...14 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2016, 12:07 PMIn most of the rec league play I've seen at the 8u and 10u level, only allowing one base on an overthrow or "closing" home is with the intent of not...23 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-11-2016, 12:03 PMJust a couple more comments on this particular situation: In most rule sets, this is still a live ball and runners can advance at their own risk....11 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 12:02 PMAjaywill replied to a thread At what age does slap hitting start to loose effectiveness? in Softball DiscussionsNot a coach, but an umpire who has worked lots of games over the years. From my observations, good slap hitting with even moderate speed can...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-04-2016, 12:49 PMSpeaking as an umpire that has worked numerous showcase and exposure events, I have NEVER been asked to squeeze the zone. I have been told to...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2016, 12:50 PMThis is what I have heard regarding the origin of this rule......no idea if it is true or not.... The reasoning comes from the hey day of Men's...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-03-2016, 12:40 PMThis is the part that irritates me..... The BU tells the player to go back to first base, then when his partner calls her out, he doesn't say...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-29-2016, 01:24 PMThe answer to your updated question is YES.29 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- ASA DUIC, HS and College SB umpire
- Glendale, AZ
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 228 Times in 154 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 12:14 PM
- Join Date
- 03:11 PM - KCPhoto quoted Ajaywill in post interference between home and 1stThis situation is different f...
- 02:23 PM - Phathead quoted Ajaywill in post interference between home and 1stOne of the thresholds for an ...
- 02:11 PM - Ajaywill quoted kjmpa in post interference between home and 1stDoes it matter where the r...
- 07:16 PM - MTR quoted Ajaywill in post what does "protesting" a game realistically achieve?Just a note....probably compa...
- 12:06 PM - Ajaywill quoted Ksphenom in post what does "protesting" a game realistically achieve?Didn't want to start a new pr...
- 02:35 PM - Ken Krause quoted Ajaywill in post At what age does slap hitting start to loose effectiveness?...rors. I agree with Ajaywill. You don't have to h...