- Older Activity
- Today, 11:38 AMAjaywill replied to a thread Saw my first Men's Fastpitch games this weekend in Softball Discussions...for those of you that have doubts whether a rise ball really rises, go watch some Men's FP sometime. I'm talking about a pitch that starts on...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 01:46 PMAjaywill replied to a thread Saw my first Men's Fastpitch games this weekend in Softball DiscussionsMen's FP is a great game. Unfortunately, it is also a dying game. There are still some pockets left around the country, especially in the...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-26-2017, 01:39 PMUSA SB had a proposed rule change in 2015 to change the IP penalty to only a ball on the batter and eliminate the base award. The proposal did not...24 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 05:41 PMAjaywill replied to a thread Batting out of order vs. unreported substitute in Softball Rules QuestionsViolations of the DP/FLEX rule are much more severe than batting out of order. If the FLEX bats for any player other than the DP, that is...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-22-2017, 11:47 AMAsk Comp about how this approach worked in some of the leagues in our neighborhood......38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-21-2017, 12:07 PMBasically....don't try to hide the fact that you (pitcher) are using the resin and/or the drying agent.....3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-20-2017, 12:16 PMI've watched it a few times and didn't see the runner breaking stride..... As Comp said, from this video, we can't see when, if ever, the catcher...22 replies | 2989 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 02:42 PMYou mentioned the hit was a short pop fly. IF the infield fly rule is in effect, it is a possibility that that is what was enforced...even if that is...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-15-2017, 02:36 PMAs far as the USA Softball rules go, there are only two differences from the rest of the JO rules 1. Pitching distance is 35 feet 2. An 11" ball...4 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 11:49 AMEasy....they have to look at the catcher.....32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-13-2017, 11:42 AMA attempt needs to be made in order to call a strike in USA SB rules, an attempt does not have to be made to call a strike in NFHS and NCAA rules. ...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 01:10 PMThis right here is an excellent example of the administration of the rule concerning obstruction. One way to think about it is that there is no...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-12-2017, 12:06 PMYou are correct. After stepping onto the pitchers plate with hands separated, the pitcher must pause with the hands still separated, and take or...32 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-09-2017, 02:17 PMThe rules say that coaches and team personnel need to be in the dugout and allows for certain time when they do not...(coaching a base, conference,...38 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2017, 01:46 PMIf you make this violation an immediate dead ball, you are actually providing a benefit to the offense. If the ball is dead, the defense has no...78 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-08-2017, 01:39 PMThe applicable rule in USA SB is 6-4-E and F referencing an illegal player that has come back into the after being removed twice. The illegal...6 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-05-2017, 03:48 PMThis play had the ball, the batter, the catcher and the discarded bat in a very small area at the same time. I did see the signal to indicate that...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 06-02-2017, 12:16 PMAfter watching the play a few times on the video, I have formed an opinion on the call, which, like Comp, I will keep to myself. The only thing I...78 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- ASA DUIC, HS and College SB umpire
- Glendale, AZ
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 285 Times in 192 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 02:06 PM
- Join Date
- 11:49 AM - Ajaywill quoted riseball in post Pitcher with a fast deliveryHave often wondered how you r...
- 11:48 AM - GunnerShotgun quoted Ajaywill in post Umps looses track of the count. Any options?A attempt needs to be made in...
- 11:42 AM - Ajaywill quoted quincy in post Umps looses track of the count. Any options?I do not think the batter n...
- 02:13 PM - riseball quoted Ajaywill in post UCLA vs LSU Obstruction CallIf you make this violation an...
- 01:46 PM - Ajaywill quoted riseball in post UCLA vs LSU Obstruction CallAgree and would add that this...
- 01:39 PM - Ajaywill quoted Hawkeyes in post DP/Flex Rule and substituting questionI just want to take this 1 st...