- Older Activity
- Today, 11:48 AMFrom what I can see, she looks pretty good through 12:00. When she gets to about 11:00, however, her arm seems to straighten out. From that point it...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 11:22 AMThat's something I've actually found interesting, to see how it has evolved over time. When I was a catcher (a long, long time ago) we kept our...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 10:47 AMGetting back to the OP, I probably spend more time correcting the instruction of "turn the ball toward second at the top of the circle" than on...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 10:29 AMWith no runners on you can actually let the butt sink a little more. Watch MLB catchers. That saves some wear and tear on the legs, especially if the...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- Today, 10:18 AMThat's great to see! Walking around and smiling is a great sign.31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-26-2016, 05:14 PMI grew up with asthma. It is awful. Prayers to you and her.31 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-21-2016, 07:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Why you should never let anyone else set your limitations in Ken's Softball TipsIf you’ve been a regular Life in the Fastpitch Lane reader, you know I love inspirational stories about real softball players. Not just the ones who...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-21-2016, 03:48 PMTo address what I think is the core of the original question, if all you're really good at is laying down a sacrifice bunt, not you won't be very...21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-20-2016, 09:58 PMWhen I formed the IOMT Castaways, my banker advised me to register as a not-for-profit corporation. This is the in the State of Illinois. It was a...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-12-2016, 03:20 PMMy pitching students have had a lot of success with the curve over the years. Not just in the local tournaments, but in Colorado and various...42 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-09-2016, 12:00 PMKen Krause started a thread Sports administration not just a boy’s game anymore in Ken's Softball TipsWith today being the last day of Women in Sports Week, it seemed like this would be a good way to finish it out – talking about opportunities for...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-08-2016, 08:44 PMPick good parents. ;)21 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-08-2016, 08:43 PMYes, CV. that's what I'm saying. As pitchers become more accomplished, most will not throw many if any fastballs. They'll be looking to changes...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 07:00 PMGuest post by Ohio University’s Athletic Administration Program.* As women’s sports gain more fans it isn’t surprising that just last year the...0 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 05:01 PMDepends on who you talk to, CV. IIRC, Cat Osterman purposely throws a corkscrew/bullet spin fastball. It's what she was taught. Eventually it...9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 02:36 PMSo, does it spin backwards as it approaches the plate?9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 02:35 PMKen Krause replied to a thread At what age does slap hitting start to loose effectiveness? in Softball DiscussionsI agree with Ajaywill. You don't have to have killer speed to use the slap effectively -if you can also hit for power. If all you can do is slap or...30 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-07-2016, 02:12 PMKen Krause replied to a thread Should I be expected to run base to base so my team doesn't run up to score in Coaching SoftballI am also in the base-to-base camp. Unfortunately, there's no really good way to handle a mismatch. What one coach considers classy another coach...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-04-2016, 04:13 PMPut in place in many cases to save college coaches from themselves. ;)5 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-04-2016, 04:07 PMRemind your daughter that the reasons pitchers wear masks now is so they don't get hit in the face with a hit ball. I have never seen or talked to a...26 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-01-2016, 12:10 AMFor sure, Bob. Just being around the game seems to be a pretty darned good teacher. Cool story about your girls. Bet you can't wait to see where...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 07:00 PMI have always been a big believer in the ability of kids, at least certain kids, to learn the nuances of softball through osmosis. I certainly saw it...3 replies | 0 view(s)
- 09-30-2016, 04:48 PMTo paraphrase Mr. Holland's Opus, if you can't teach a willing 8 year old how to throw, catch and hit a ball, you're not a very good coach.49 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- SOFTBALL BASEBALL
- REAL ESTATE
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
- Last Activity
- 06-09-2016 12:24 AM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 11:57 PM - MTR quoted 1fingeredknuckler in post NCAA Strike zonewith that it's strange that very frequ...
- 01:49 PM - rdbass quoted 1fingeredknuckler in post One hand bat trainerthat is not a one hand drill It's not...
- 01:42 PM - 1fingeredknuckler quoted Comp in post NCAA Strike zoneThe NCAA strike zone is t...
- 01:34 PM - 1fingeredknuckler quoted rdbass in post One hand bat trainerI liked the 'look' of this ...
- 11:45 PM - 1fingeredknuckler quoted MNDad in post Credits to the NCAA catcher instrucrorsI think those of us with N...
- 10:52 PM - SoCal_Dad quoted 1fingeredknuckler in post NFHS Rule on presentationThere was an illegal pitch just called...
- 09:59 PM - MNDad quoted 1fingeredknuckler in post Credits to the NCAA catcher instrucrorsCredits to the NCAA catching instruct...