Peak Performance Coach
Softball Q & A
Softball Q & A - Going to Tryouts and Stacking the Odds in your Favor
Hi, I am going to try out for softball in march, and i have never played on a team before, i am in high school. i was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to prepare for the try outs because i love playing softball with my friends, and i want to play on a team now.
There are several Keys:
1) Never be afraid to give you best and show you're not scared to get dirty. Always always hustle and bust your ball - work ethic is super important.
2) Expect to be nervous and make some errors - coaches really want to see how you bounce back from mistakes and errors. This is very important as softball is a game of failure and errors. As a result the ability to bounce back is crucial.
3) Show your best stuff whatever it is. Nobody is good at everything and coaches pick girls that can bring something to the team so whatever your strength are (arm strength, hitting power, speed, fielding, etc.), make sure to display it.
4) Be open-minded and friendly - coaches are looking for girls that are willing to learn and are eager to get better especially if you don't have much experience. Also, they don't want prima-donna or bitchy girls, they want positive, team-oriented and pleasant girls. Be one of those.
5) Practice as much as you can until the tryouts.
To help you shine at your next tryouts, you may want to check my special Tryouts Peak Performance Kit:
Tryouts Peak Performance Kit - Get Selected!
Coach Marc O. Dagenais, MHK, CSCS http://www.softballperformance.com Connect with me - Become my fan on Facebook and/or Follow me on Twitter . Marc Dagenais is a softball peak performance coach that helps players be more confident, mentally tougher, hit with more power, run faster, throw harder, and be more dominant on the field. He also helps coaches win more games and get more out of their team. To boost your performance, check our softball drills directory or sign-up for our FREE newsletter to get tons of great softball tips by email!