Last edited by Cannonball; 01-28-2015 at 03:53 PM.
"Don't play your Senior Year like it is your Senior Year. Play your Senior Year like the 12 year old girl I met who truly loved the game." Advise to BB from a long time highly respected D-I Coach.
I like the idea, and wish we could all do it without the negatives.
Is this only limited to current college players? I'd like to see/hear from all ages and levels so we could all "feel a part" of our member's journeys. Those little 8-10-12u's are the stars of the future.
Now I can keep us posted in about 2 months on the D1 HS side. We are fixing to hand out multi state tail whippins like they're free to anyone who might need one. We don't discriminate.
Last edited by GOINGDEEP; 01-08-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: A part vs apart. Still got flu :(
Arrive, raise hell, leave. - Steve Austin
I love the idea too but I might think that some folks might be a little cautious pre-signing like I am. Maybe I am being a bit paranoid but with as wild as I have heard the recruiting is I want to control as many variables as possible.
As soon as she signs I will be an open book :-)
Great Topic...So many on this board are interested, and well should be. It's many a young ladies dream to play softball at the next level, and more importantly to attend college and earn their degree. My DD is a 2015, whom yesterday received her first offer.
Having been through recruiting process myself (FOOTBALL), my son (FOOTBALL 2003), and now my DD I can tell you that the recruiting game is filled with so many emotions. JOYFUL, PROUD, PAINFUL and unfortunately the one emotion that comes up more than the others DISAPPOINTMENT.
I would be more than happy to try and answer any questions that y'all might have about my family's journey so far and how we've reached this point. Due to the fact that we're still in the recruiting process, I'm going to be cautious and some of my answers may be vague. I'll do my best to answer your questions you have here on the board or through pm.
Just a suggestion. This topic may be better suited for the Playing College Softball Section or maybe add a new section named, the Recruiting Trail or something similar.
Perfect Circle (01-08-2013)
Perfect timing CB. Just got a call from one of the crazy dads and "teams entered" have been posted, March 14-16th one of our medium size HS tourneys. ( the big one with teams from 7 states, 50+ HS will be on the 28-30th ) The 14-16th complex said they should have their live feed cameras up by then, if not I'll try to ustream.
Cannonball, does your DD college stream live? I'd love to watch.
Registered Paid Teams:
1) Briarcrest Christian School- Eads, TN
2) Camden Central High School- Camden, TN
3) Crockett County High School- Alamo, TN
4) McKenzie High School- McKenzie, TN
5) Trinity Christian Academy- Jackson, TN
6) Fayette Academy- Somerville, TN
7) Riverside High School- Decaturville, TN
8) University School of Jackson- Jackson, TN
9) South Side High School- Jackson, TN
10) Lexington High School- Lexington, TN
11) Waverly Central High School- Waverly, TN
12) Milan High School- Milan, TN
13) Madison Academic High School- Jackson, TN
14) Wayne County High School- Waynesboro, TN
15) Halls High School- Halls, TN
16) Evangelical Christian School- Eads, TN
17) Ripley High School- Ripley, TN
18) Dyer County High School- Newbern, TN
19) Murray High School- Murray, KY
20) Mahomet-Seymour High School- Mahomet, IL
21) Dyersburg High School- Dyersburg, TN
22) Chester County High School - Henderson, TN
23) Covington High School - Covington, TN
24) Jackson Christian School - Jackson, TN
25) South Gibson County High School - Medina, TN
26) Munford High School - Munford, TN
27) Hickman County High School - Centerville, TN
28) Haywood High School - Brownsville, TN
29) Creekwood High School - Charlotte, TN
Last year we tied for 3rd, DD ( big lefty ) made the All-Tournament team.
Last edited by GOINGDEEP; 01-08-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Arrive, raise hell, leave. - Steve Austin
In hopes of getting this topic rolling again, I wanted to take a moment to update those whom might be
interested in my 2105 DD's recruitment. Last week she received an offer from one of her dream schools.
This dream school is a perfect fit for her academically and athletically. This school is a D2 school and we were
a bit surprised that they offered this soon in the process. My daughter has accepted the offer and is very happy
about her decision.
If anyone has any questions about the process and what the experience was like, please don't
hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer.
I would be happy if people would just put what state they were from in their profile. Always wonder what state they are from and if TB is diffrent there. Also always wonder if we play against any of you. BTW my DD plays 12u NSA in North Carolina.
Thank You Cannonball ..We're in California and my DD will be heading out of state. She will be playing several times a year on the West Coast which will give us a chance to watch her play.
Last edited by 18GoldDad; 01-25-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Where is she going Mark, if you don't mind saying?